Banana date cookies
Printable image HERE
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Prepare two cookie sheets for 30 cookies (15 per sheet)
1 cup mashed ripe banana (chopped)
1⁄2 cup butter – Becel salt free
1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1⁄4 C whole wheat flour
1⁄8 C whole bran
1⁄8 C wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
1⁄8 teaspoon clove
1 1⁄2 cups quick oatmeal (I used steel oats)
1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugar and eggs.
- Add bananas and vanilla, mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, with dates and nuts/chips last.
- Drop dough onto non-stick cookie sheet, and flatten slightly if desired
- Bake 12 minutes or until done
Add 1⁄2 cup nuts