An elegant, yummy, satisfying sweet. Easy, freezes well, travels well.
Always a hit. Very few ingredients, easy to mix, a little time-consuming filling up the little cups. If you have an icing bag, you may want to use that. These freeze very well.
Top with what you have. We love pieces of cherry candy cane, skor chocolate bar (use bits of your favourite cookie or brownie or bar), deep chocolate drizzle, cranberry sauce or any kind of fruit jam, raisins or nuts. If travelling, consider bringing garnish separately.
I deduct 25% of sugars called for.
Be sure to purchase mini cupcake papers.
Reprinted from www.TasteofHome.com Retrieved January 2, 2020 Edited January 2, 2020
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD: 4 – 5 dozen depending on the mini muffin papers.
- 3 packages (8 ounces/227 grams each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- TOPPING:Mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, halved maraschino cherries and/or chopped nuts
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
2. Spoon into paper-lined miniature muffin cups, up to 2 tablespoons in each depending on size of the mini muffin cups. Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners’ sugar until smooth; spread over cheesecakes. Decorate with fruit and/or nuts. Chill for at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC